IANR Travel Grant
PURPOSE: IANR Travel funds are granted quarterly on a competitive basis for faculty travel to present original scholarly work at professional and scholarly meetings (Research, Teaching and/or Extension).
IANR faculty may receive funds from this program to travel to one professional meeting per UNL fiscal year (July 1 to June 30, inclusive). Funds cannot exceed $500 per trip (U.S.) or $800 per trip (international). Expenses can include transportation (not to exceed coach class airfare), registration, lodging, meals, etc. Approved University travel procedures must be followed.
ARD will review applications on a quarterly basis—usually within two weeks after the quarterly submission deadlines of January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. Funds will NOT be provided for travel that occurred prior to ARD review and approval of these applications.
ELIGIBILITY: All IANR faculty (including Extension Educators) are eligible. Applicants must be full time (1.0 FTE). Postdoctoral Fellows are not eligible. The applicant must also be the presenter. This program is highly subscribed; we often cannot fund all eligible applicants. Priority will usually be given to early career faculty.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS AND APPLICATION FORMAT: Applications for these awards will be accepted ONLY via NUgrant (http://nugrant.unl.edu). If you are a first-time user of NUgrant, you can log-in using your My.UNL username and password. To start your application, after login, click “[add new]” next to the “Internal Competitions” link. Select “IANR Travel Fund.” In the “Route Setup” screen, if multiple options exist for your
department, select the internal competitions route that includes Deb Hamernik in IANR (not the CASNR internal competitions route).
The NUgrant application requires the information listed below. If this information is not included, applications will not be reviewed.
• Name, title, department/unit, address
• Meeting/conference name
• Meeting sponsor, meeting location and dates, and membership status
• Previous use of travel funds
• Presentation review status
• Presentation method
- The “poster” format may not yet appear on the form. If you are presenting by poster, select “Other.”
• Presentation publication method
• Travel and registration budget details
• Title of presentation and authors
- Use a single asterisk (*) to indicate the presenter.
- Use double asterisks (**) to indicate undergraduate and/or graduate students.
• Substance of presentation in terms understandable by trained scientists that may not be in your discipline.
• Benefits of presentation to teaching, extension and/or future grant/contract/collaboration opportunities.
• One of the following:
- Copy of acceptance of submission of presentation from organization.
- Copy of the invitation letter to give a presentation from the organization.
- Copy of the agenda listing your presentation that includes your name and time of presentation.